Football in England continues to come at a breakneck speed as teams in the Premier League play out the extended Matchweek 19 over the week.
Two matches take place tonight, with things kicking off at the Etihad Stadium where title hopefuls Manchester City face off against Aston Villa.
Here's all you need to know ahead of the match in order to make well-informed picks with betPawa.
📄 Match preview
After a slow start to their campaign, Manchester City have started to find their groove and have put together a fifteen-game unbeaten run across all competitions. With five wins in five in the league, including a 4-0 triumph over Crystal Palace this past weekend, Pep Guardiola’s side are second in the table, just two points below leaders Manchester United. A win on Wednesday, could thus, send the Cityzens into the top spot in the standings, even though it could be temporary with their neighbors playing Fulham, later on, in the night. However, things might not be that straightforward against an Aston Villa side that has been performing admirably this term.
Dean Smith’s side have made a fine start to the season and even though they are 11th heading into Wednesday’s game, they have three games in hand over almost each of the team above them. This will, however, be the Villans first game in over a week after their last two Premier League games against Tottenham and Everton were postponed due to a Covid-19 breakout in the squad.
🔮 Predicted XIs
Man City (4-3-3): Ederson; Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Mendy; De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan; Mahrez, Foden, Sterling
Aston Villa (4-2-3-1): Martinez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett; Luiz, McGinn; Traore, Grealish, El Ghazi; Watkins
🔑 Key betting stats
- Manchester City are on a 15-match unbeaten run in all competitions and have won their past eight fixtures.
- City have taken 23 points from the last 27 available to them and are on a five-match league winning streak.
- They have conceded just three goals in 22 hours and 55 minutes during that period.
- Pep Guardiola's side have kept six clean sheets in nine home fixtures so far in 2020-21.
- Manchester City have only lost one of their past 22 home games in all competitions, winning 19 and drawing two.
- City have conceded only once in the 10 matches John Stones and Ruben Dias have played together at center-back.
- Villa can win more than eight of their opening 16 fixtures of a top-flight campaign for the first time since 1989-90.
- They have won five of their eight away league matches, drawing once and losing twice.
- The five away goals they have conceded is the fewest in the division.
- Dean Smith's side have won two of their three fixtures this season against clubs currently in the top four.
- The Villans need one more league victory to equal the nine they achieved throughout the whole of last season.
- Ollie Watkins has gone eight games without a goal. He scored eight times in his first 10 Aston Villa appearances.
💰 Futaa best bet
Follow Man City vs Aston Villa live on Futaa!