With ten teams automatically booking their place for next year's World Cup in Qatar, it's another time where others will have to join them through the playoffs.
In the playoffs, only three teams will join the other ten from Europe with the top six seeded teams having home advantage in their semi-final. So when, and where will all these take place?
- North Macedonia
- Austria (via Nations League route)
- Czech Republic (via Nations League route)
Which teams are seeded?
- Portugal, Scotland, Italy, Russia, Sweden, and Wales.
There will be three paths for the 12 countries consisting of a one-legged home semi-final and a final at a venue which will be decided by a draw.
FT: Bolivia 3-0 Uruguay— B/R Football (@brfootball) November 16, 2021
Uruguay lose their FOURTH straight World Cup qualifier. They're currently outside of the playoff 😰 pic.twitter.com/g3Cg8hLle5
- The draw takes place on Friday 26 November at 17:00 CET in Zurich.
- The play-off semi-final fixtures will be played on March 24-25 with the finals set for March 28-29.