Everton owner speaks out on Benitez's future after Liverpool loss
General

Everton owner speaks out on Benitez's future after Liverpool loss

Rafael Benitez would not be sacked as he will be given needed more time to turn things around, says Everton owner Farhad Moshiri. 

Everton has been struggling this season as they are winless in their last eight matches in all competitions so far. The Toffees' recent match was Merseyside where they lost 4-1 to Liverpool, extending their winless run to eight. 

Read: Liverpool set another record with Everton win

"Football is about crisis one day and glory the following day. Rafa is a good manager and underperformance is largely due to the injuries," Moshiri told talkSPORT on Thursday.

"(Over the) next two weeks, we will get to a full squad and, in the meantime, results will improve."

"Rafa needs time to have his mark on the squad. He will be supported to add depth to the squad. Managers need time. I have no doubt that we will have a strong second half to the season."

  • Everton - Next Match
  • 22, Jan - 3:30pm
Go to Event