Arsenal’s rebuilding phase is set to continue during this month and the next two seasons or so. For now, the club have reportedly drawn a list of seven transfer targets for this month.
As Futaa reported before the start of the season, Arsenal were one of the highest spending clubs in Europe with the purchase of no less than six players.
While it seems all the new faces have been a relative success so far, the club needs to make new signings in the current window.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Sead Kolašinac have left the club, while Thomas Partey and Mohamed Elneny are on AFCON 2021 duty. Additionally, Pierre Emmerick-Aubameyang’s relationship with Mikel Arteta seems to have broken beyond repair.
This therefore indicates Arsenal need at least three new singings. But when you make targets in football, you often identify more than you need in case the first or second option does not workout.
Without further ado, here are seven Arsenal’s reported targets for the current transfer window…
- Dusan Vlahovic (Fiorentina), Striker, 21
- Arthur Melo (Juventus), Midfielder, 25
- Georginio Wijnaldum (Paris Saint-Germain), Midfielder, 31
- Youri Tielemans (Leicester), Midfielder, 24
- Jonathan David (Lille), Forward, 22
- Danilo (OGC Nice), Defensive Midfielder, 25
- Bruno Guimaraes (Olympique Lyon), Defensive Midfielder, 24.
Meanwhile, the Gunners are now looking ahead to facing Liverpool in the EFL second-leg semi-final game in London on Thursday.