The clock is ticking, and the excitement is building.
With 20 teams having confirmed their place at the 2022 World Cup finals in Qatar later this year and more set to follow suit tomorrow, attention is fast shifting towards Friday's draw.
The quadrennial international championship is scheduled to be held for the first time in an Arab country from the 21st of November to the 18th of December 2022.
Here is all you need to know.
When and where is the 2022 World Cup?
The 2022 World Cup is taking place in Qatar, and it will be the first-ever to be held in the winter months, due to the heat.
- Opening and final match
- Opening match; Monday, November 21 at the Al Bayt Stadium
- Final match; Sunday, December 18 at the Lusail Stadium
When is the draw?
The draw for the tournament takes place on Friday 1 April 2022, at the DECC venue in Doha, Qatar at circa.
Format of the draw;
The 32 nations involved in the 2022 World Cup will be drawn into eight groups of four.
Qatar, the host nation, will be in position one of Group A. The other nations will be split into four pots based on FIFA rankings with the top-rated teams joining Qatar in pot one.
- Four matches will be played each day during the group stage
- Winners and runners-up progress to the round of 16
- Group stage: November 21- December 2
- Round of 16: December 3-6
- Quarter-finals: December 9/10
- Semi-finals: December 13/14
- Final: December 18