Kepa Arrizabalaga has now conceded from each of the last nine shots on target he has faced away from Stamford Bridge in the Premier League after an awful day at the Etihad which saw Chelsea fall to a 6-0 loss.
This is the worst loss by Chelsea since losing 7-0 to Nottingham Forest in 1991.
Sergio Agüero has now scored as many Premier League hat-tricks as Alan Shearer both standing at 11 and becomes the fifth player to score hat-tricks in consecutive home Premier League games and the first since Didier Drogba nine years ago.
Sterling opened the score in just the 4th minute after they won a free kick just near the box that was taken by Kevin De Bruyne. The Belgian picked Bernardo Silva just behind Alonso whose deflected cross dropped to Sterling ad there he took a clam shot into the top corner for the opener. Hazard should have done better in defending the build-up but just watched as Man City executed their goal-building move.
Neville blames Hazard
"We've just seen the best of Eden Hazard at one end of the pitch and now we've seen the worst of him. Alonso believes he's done his job and handed [Bernardo Silva] over but Hazard doesn't stay with the runner. Sterling for 18 months now has been getting in at that back post, into goal-scoring positions. He's got bodies in front of him but he finishes it brilliantly." Neville said at the Etihad.
Aguero's sitter, screamer
Aguero missed a very open chance to double their lead in the 13th minute. Three yards away he could not tap in a cross from Silva that ran down the goal mouth to find him on the opposite end. The unreal miss pained Guardiola who went down in a somewhat cartoonish move.
It took Aguero five minutes to make amends with a stunner from thirty yards. The Argentine failed to score from three yards but did marvellously from some 30 yards away. His effort walloped past Kepa in Chelsea's goal to stun the Etihad and elates Guardiola on the touchline.
"What more can you say about Sergio Aguero? He can score from every angle, with either foot, at any time, against anyone. Some players would drop their heads after missing an open goal from three yards. Not Serg. He's now City's joint-top scorer in the league with 158 goals." Gerard Brand at the Etihad said.
Ross Barkley was responsible ad handed Aguero the chance to score his 159th league goal for the club. The England international tried to head back the ball for Kepa but it did not reach the target falling on the Argentine's feet eight yards from goal. And that was that; another goal for Man City.
After 25 minutes, Man City looked to have sealed the points and a win against Chelsea this time around, Ilkay Gundogan picked the ball from a David Luiz clearance and let it fly past a sorry Kepa in goal.
Sterling scored his 12th league goal and sixth for Man City after just waiting rather patiently for the ball to reach him from a Zinchenko pass ten minutes to the end of regular time.
- Pep Guardiola has lost more league games against Chelsea than he has versus any other team in his managerial career (3)
- Chelsea are winless in their last six Premier League away games against ‘big six’ opposition (D2 L4), losing the last four in a row.
- Raheem Sterling has scored his first Premier League goal against Chelsea in his 11th appearance against them, scoring with his 13th shot against the Blues.
- Sergio Aguero has scored six Premier League goals during 2019 - two more than any other player.
- Sergio Agüero has become just the 6th player in PL history to register 200 goal involvements for a single club in the competition, after Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Ryan Giggs (Man Utd), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Frank Lampard (Chelsea) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool).
- Manchester City are the first top-flight team since Tottenham Hotspur in December 1965 to score more than once in 15 consecutive home league matches.
- Chelsea have conceded four goals in consecutive away top-flight matches for the first time since December 1990.
- Sergio Aguero has become the fifth player to score hat-tricks in consecutive home Premier League games and the first since Didier Drogba in August 2010.