Chemelil Sugar FC will be hosting Gor Mahia at the Kericho Green Stadium on Thursday 19 September in a rescheduled Kenyan Premier League fixture with a lot at stake for both teams.
Coach Francis Baraza likes a challenge as he feels his boys always rise to the occasion when the ‘big boys’ come calling but with Gor Mahia angling to make it two wins out of two in the league, this won’t be an easy outing for them.
So how have the teams fared in their previous meetings?
- Chemelil has only won two games against Gor Mahia in their last 22 meetings. In the same period, only three draws have been recorded with Gor winning the rest.
- 🤦♂️Chemelil comes into the game on a bad streak having only won one game in their last eight league games; Gor Mahia, on the other hand, having only lost one game in their last seven (all competitions)
- Of the 22 ties, a scoreless draw has only been witnessed twice.
- 🥅Gor Mahia has failed to score two or more goals against their opponents only once in their last six meetings. The 1-0 win coming on August 16, 2018.
- Of all the teams in the KPL, Chemelil is the sole group that is yet to pick any point this season.