Ligue 1 is back and PSG will open the defence of their title away to newly-promoted Lens.
Here are the best betting facts and stats so that you can make informed choices about the match.
🏟 Match context
After losing 2-1 at Nice on the opening weekend, Lens will be aiming to turn their back on a prior run of two top-flight home openers where they lost. Newly-promoted Ligue 1 sides, amazingly, have an 80% win rate in opening home games since 2018/19.
PSG has been hit hard by coronavirus infections with Kylian Mbappé, Neymar, Angel Di María, Mauro Icardi and Keylor Navas all in quarantine and unavailable. Lens will be eyeing up an upset here against a PSG side minus their entire first-choice attack and two most senior goalkeepers so there's reason to look out for 20-year-old Garissone Innocent, who could make his PSG debut in goal. One thing is for sure; the Parisian champions will have to work hard for three points here.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🟡 Lens (3-4-1-2):
Leca; Gradit, Bade, Medina; Clauss, Cahuzac, Doucoure, Sylla; Kakuta; Sotoca, Ganago
🔵 PSG (4-3-3):
Innocent; Kehrer, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Bernat; Verratti, Gueye, Paredes; Sarabia, Jesé, Draxler
🔑 Key stats
- Each of PSG’s last two opening away league games (W1, L1) have seen the scorer of the first goal go on to lose.
- PSG are expected to win, and eight of their last nine league victories have seen them open the scoring inside the first 30 minutes.
- Significantly, ten of the last 11 top-flight meetings between these sides have seen PSG shut out Lens in the first half.
- Seven of the last 11 head-to-heads have produced a goalless first half.
- Newly-promoted Ligue 1 sides facing their first home league game of a campaign have a win rate of 80% since 2018/19.
✅ Futaa tips
📲 Follow Lens vs PSG live