Virgil van Dijk there is one of the best defenders in world football currently and his absence last season was one reason why Liverpool struggled.
The Netherlands national team captain has been formidable for The Reds and is yet to lose a Premier League home game with his side since joining them in January 2018 from Southampton FC.
The defender's home Premier League debut came on February 4th, 2018 against Spurs in a 2-2 draw. So what is just of the incredible stats to this feat by Van Dijk as brought by Planet Football?
- Victory against Arsenal last weekend extended Van Dijk's unbeaten run at Anfield in the League to 53. 45 of these games have been wins with 8 being draws.
- This run includes four league games against Arsenal, three against Manchester City, Chelsea, and Tottenham plus two against Manchester United
- When he has played at Anfield in the league, Liverpool has conceded just 38 goals. That’s just an average of about 0.7 a game.
- Van Dijk has recorded 25 Premier League clean sheets at Anfield, meaning almost once every other game Liverpool has totally shut the opposition out when the Netherlands international has played at home.
- Without Van Dijk, Liverpool has lost six of their 17 home games in the Premier League since his signing. That’s a loss ratio of 35.3%.
The defender will be looking to maintain the streak this weekend when they host Southampton in the league with the match being live on Futaa!