Chelsea will on Tuesday night play host to Liverpool in an FA Cup tie at Stamford Bridge, in what is the highlight match of the round.
This will be the second time the two teams are meeting this season, with Liverpool having triumphed 2-1 in the first clash in the Premier League.
Chelsea vs Liverpool head-to-head record
- Since the start of the 2000s, Tuesday’s game will be the 62nd meeting between Chelsea and Liverpool in all competitions, making it the most played fixture between English sides in all competitions in the 21st century.
- Chelsea have played Liverpool 10 times in the FA Cup, winning six
- The Blues' last meeting in the competition was the 2012 final at Wembley
- Since then, the two have met twice in the League Cup in 2014/15 and 2018/19, with Chelsea winning both of them.
- Chelsea have won the FA Cup on more occasions (eight) than Liverpool (seven)
- The Blue are seeking to reach the quarter-final for the 13th time in 19 seasons and 37th overall.
- Lampard's boys are seeking a fourth home win in 2020. Since the turn of the year at Stamford Bridge, the Blues have won three, drawn one and lost two.
- Michy Batshuayi has scored 14 goals in 20 domestic cup appearances for Chelsea.
- Jurgen Klopp’s side are hoping to avoid a third away defeat in two weeks
- This season Liverpool have won 37 of their 44 matches in all competitions