Zinedine Zidane's Los Blancos side has won their last four matches without conceding a goal and another win here would nudge them closer to the LaLiga title.
Here's all you need to know ahead of the Thursday kickoff.
🧩 Real Madrid vs Alavés key details
- 🗓 10 July 2020
- 🏟 Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano
- ⌚️ 23:00 kickoff (EAT)
Likely starting XIs
🔵 Real Madrid (4-3-1-2):
Courtois; Mendy, Varane, Militao, Marcelo; Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde; Isco; Benzema, Vinicius
⚫️ Deportivo Alavés (4-4-2):
Jimenez; Navarro, Magallan, Laguardia, Marin; Vidal, Camarasa, Pina, Rioja; Perez, Joselu
🔑 Key betting facts
- Each of Madrid's last three games has seen them win 1-0. In the last two, it has taken them until deep into the second-half to score the decisive goals.
- Real Madrid defensive duo Sergio Ramos and Dani Carvajal are both suspended.
- Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema recently celebrated 11 years with the club; his 2019-20 goal contributions in LaLiga currently stand at 17 goals & seven assists.
- Real Madrid has won 11 of their last 12 matches against Alavés in all competitions.
- Four of Real's last five wins have come by a one-goal margin.
- Alavés has lost their last five matches.
- Alavés has only scored once in their last five league outings.
🔮 Futaa prediction: Real Madrid 2-0 Alavés