Man United can climb into third place on the Premier League table with a win against Southampton tonight.
We assess their chances and present all of the key betting info ahead of kickoff.
🧩 Man United vs Southampton key details
- 🗓 13 July 2020
- 🏟 Old Trafford
- ⌚️ 22:00 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
🔴 Man United (4-2-3-1):
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire, Shaw; Matić, Pogba; Greenwood, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial
⚪️ Southampton (4-4-2):
McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Stephens, Bertrand; Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Højbjerg, Redmond; Ings, Long
🔑 Key betting facts
- Manchester United is the first team in Premier League history to win four consecutive matches by three or more goals following Thursday's 3-0 win at Aston Villa.
- Four of the last six Premier League meetings between these sides have been drawn.
- Southampton has recorded away wins at Leicester and Chelsea so far in the 2019-20 Premier League season.
- United has won four straight Premier League home games.
- United's 5-2 win last time out at Old Trafford was their ninth Premier League home win from ten this season in which they led at halftime, but it did end a run of five consecutive competitive clean sheets.
- The visitors have won six of their last nine Premier League away games (W6, D1, L2), and ahead of this round, are positioned in the Premier League away table’s top five.
- Man United youngster Mason Greenwood has scored in three consecutive Premier League games (and before halftime in each) becoming only the second player under 21 to do so in the club's history.
- Southampton striker Danny Ings has netted the opener in the Saints' last three away matches, and he has 19 Premier League goals for the season.
- Five of Man United's seven wins since the arrival of Bruno Fernandes have featured over 2.5 goals, the two exceptions were against top-four teams.
- Man United has scored in both halves in 58.82% of their Premier League home games.
- Southampton has conceded 69.56% of their Premier League away goals after halftime.
🔮 Futaa prediction: United 2-1 Southampton