Chelsea will travel to face West Bromwich Albion on Saturday evening, their third Premier League match of the new season.
The Blues head into the match on the back of a comfortable 6-0 win over Barnsley in the Carabao Cup and will be fired up for the clash.
We take a look at some of the stats ahead of the clash in the Midlands.
- Chelsea are unbeaten against West Brom in their last six Premier League meetings, winning the last four
- The Blues have won on their past three visits to the Hawthorns
- The Baggies last beat Chelsea in May 2015 when Tony Pulis was their manager
- West Bromwich Albion have lost 18 Premier League games against Chelsea, more than they have against any other club
- Chelsea will be aiming to keep five consecutive clean sheets against West Brom for the first time in their history
- Frank Lampard’s side are looking to win successive away Premier League wins for the first time since beating both Tottenham and Arsenal in eight days last December
- The Blues are unbeaten away in September for seven games in all competitions, winning six of them, since they lost 0-3 to Arsenal in 2016
- Chelsea have scored 42 away goals in the Premier League since the start of last season. Only Man City (48) have netted more in the same period
- Lampard’s side have kept one clean sheet on the road since the beginning of last season in the Premier League (20 games), conceding an average two goals per game
- Chelsea have won four and lost three of their past seven away Premier League games at newly-promoted sides
- The last three Chelsea hat-tricks have been scored by 21-year-olds – Tammy Abraham v Wolves, Christian Pulisic v Burnley and Kai Havertz v Barnsley.
West Brom stats
- West Brom won 10 and drew 10 of their 23 home league games last season
- At Everton last week, West Brom conceded five Premier League goals for the first time since a 5-5 draw against Man Utd on the final day of the 2012/13 season
- West Brom have conceded eight goals in the Premier League this season, more than any other club
- West Brom have won one and lost five of their past eight home Premier League games
- Since losing to Chelsea in February 2018, the Baggies have won two of their three Premier League matches against ‘Big Six’ sides
- At Everton last week, Kieran Gibbs was the first West Brom player to be sent off in the Premier League since Hal Robson-Kanu against Burnley in August 2017
Catch the West Brom vs Chelsea match live on Futaa!