The Nations League game today at Laugardalsvollur pits together Iceland and Denmark.
🏟 Match context
Iceland picked up a major win this week, edging out Romania 2-1 to set up a European Championship playoff with Hungary during November’s international break. If they can win that, they’ll be heading to their third major tournament in a row.
Denmark, meanwhile, reeled off a 4-0 win over minnows Faroe Islands earlier in the week in a friendly game. Their last competitive match was September’s dour draw with England in Copenhagen.
Unsurprisingly, Denmark have historically dominated games against Iceland. Their current record is 18 wins, three draws, and no losses. Erik Hamren’s side will be hoping to change that this weekend.
🔮 Predicted XIs
Iceland possible starting lineup:
Halldorsson; Palsson, Arnason, Ingason, Magnusson; A.Sigurdsson, Bjarnason, G.Sigurdsson, J.Gudmundsson; A.Gudmundsson, Bodvarsson
Denmark possible starting lineup:
Schmeichel; Wass, Kjaer, Christensen, Skov; Delaney, Hojberg; Poulsen, Eriksen, Braithwaite; Dolberg
🔑 Key betting facts
- Iceland have lost all six of their previous Nations League encounters and the manner of their 5-1 mauling at Belgium in September suggests another tough test is in store at home to Denmark.
- Denmark have won each of the last seven meetings between the pair.
- Both teams have scored in only one of Denmark’s six previous Nations League fixtures.
- The Danes held England to a goalless draw after the Three Lions toppled Iceland and they had the better of the argument, winning the shots statistics 11-6.
- Iceland’s Gylfi Sigurdsson has three goals, a missed penalty, and a disallowed goal across his last two international matches. Meanwhile, Cristian Eriksen has three goals across Denmark's last five matches, most recently a first-half penalty.
🪐 Futaa tips
📲 Follow Iceland vs Denmark live on Futaa!