West Ham look to take points against another title contender when they welcome Manchester City to the London Stadium on Saturday.
West Ham vs Manchester City key details
- 🗓 24 October 2020
- 🏟 London Stadium
- ⌚️ 14:30 kickoff (EAT)
🖊 Brief preview
West Ham scored three goals in the last ten minutes to rescue a point against Spurs last week, a result which should boost their confidence heading into what is a difficult period of the season for them, with a trip to Anfield to follow next week.
Manchester City have got back to winning ways after their international break, following their 1-0 win over Arsenal last weekend, with a 3-1 success over Porto in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday.
Both teams sit on seven points, though West Ham have played five matches to Man City’s four ahead of this match.
🎱 Likely starting XIs
⚔️ West Ham (5-4-1): Lukasz Fabianksi; Vladimir Coufal, Fabian Balbuena, Angelo Ogbonna, Aaron Cresswell, Arthur Masuaku; Jarrod Bowen, Tomas Soucek, Declan Rice, Pablo Fornals; Michail Antonio
🔵 Man City (4-3-3): Ederson; Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, Aymeric Laporte, Nathan Ake; Rodri, Kevin de Bruyne, Bernardo Silva; Riyad Mahrez, Raheem Sterling, Sergio Aguero
🔑 Key betting facts
- West Ham have lost their last nine matches against Manchester City in all competitions.
- Manchester City have won each of their five away matches in all competitions at London Stadium against West Ham by an aggregate score of 22-1, scoring at least four times in all five matches. City scored 22 goals in their last 20 matches against the Hammers at Upton Park.
- West Ham have shipped at least four goals in each of their last four home league matches against Man City.
- This is the first time West Ham are starting a Premier League match against Man City above them in the table since March 2009, when they beat the Citizens 1-0 at Upton Park.
- West Ham have scored 10 goals in their last three Premier League games, beating Wolves 4-0 at home, Leicester 3-0 away, and drawing 3-3 at Spurs.
- No team has scored 3+ goals in more different Premier League games in 2020 than West Ham (9).
- Manchester City have lost their last two Premier League games in London (vs Spurs and Chelsea), as many as they had in their previous 18 such matches (W14 D2 L2).
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League games that have kicked off at 12.30 (W9 D3) since losing 1-3 at home to Chelsea in December 2016.
Man City boss Pep Guardiola has won all nine of his matches against West Ham in his managerial career, a joint-best 100% win ratio for the Spaniard alongside his 9/9 against Watford and Bournemouth.
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling has been directly involved in 11 goals in his last six Premier League starts against West Ham (6 goals, 5 assists), netting a hat-trick at London Stadium in City’s 5-0 win last season.