Boca Juniors will be pinning their hopes on local hero Carlos Tevez when they face Santos in the Copa Libertadores semifinal 1st leg.
Here's all you need to know ahead of the match in order to make well-informed picks with betPawa.
📄 Match preview
Two of South America's most iconic sides will meet at La Bombonera aiming to claim a first-leg advantage in the Copa Libertadores semifinals. Almost a decade has passed since Brazilian giants Santos last won the competition, and in that time Boca has endured two heartbreaking defeats at the final hurdle in 2012 and 2018.
Boca has struggled in the knockout stages this term, winning just two of their four legs within inside regular time and failing to score before the halftime break in all but one of those encounters.
They have, however, won four of their last five Copa Libertadores home games against Brazillian opposition, netting exactly twice in each win. The away side on the day hasn’t scored before halftime in any of Boca’s last ten matches, so this could be a tight and tense affair, especially considering that it's the first leg of a high-stakes two-legged semifinal.
With Santos largely blowing hot and cold this season, Boca is certainly the favourites going into the first leg of this contest. 36-year-old Skipper Carlos Tevez, a legendary figure at the club and around the world of football alike, is aiming for his second Copa title, seventeen years after lifting his first.
Tevez has so often been the man for the big occasion throughout his career and he'll be determined to steer his team to a joint-record seventh Copa crown.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🇦🇷 Boca (4-4-2):
Andrada; Mas, Zambrano, Avila, Buffarini; Villa, Capaldo, Varela, Cardona; Abila, Tevez
🇧🇷 Santos (4-3-3):
Furtado; Jonatan, Peres Petroni, Solda, Braga; Roberto, Alison, Pituca; Soteldo, Jorge, Marinho
🔑 Key betting stats
- Boca is unbeaten in four competitive home fixtures (W2, D2) after scoring the opener each time.
- Boca has won four of their last five Copa Libertadores home games against Brazillian opposition, netting exactly twice in each win.
- Ramón Ábila has scored a first-half opener in Boca’s last two games.
- The away side on the day hasn’t scored before HT in any of Boca’s last ten matches.
- Santos has won just one of their last seven competitive matches (W1, D3, L3), a run that saw them forfeit a lead in all three draws.
💰 Futaa value bet
🔮 PREDICTION: Boca 1-0 Santos
📲 Follow Boca vs Santos live