Juventus take on Lazio in Serie A's standout fixture this weekend.
📝 Match context
The reigning champions find themselves an extraordinary ten points behind the league leaders Inter and as such, their period of dominance looks as though it's on the verge of coming to an abrupt end.
The Turin-based giants have been crowned champions of Italy nine times in a row but under the inexperienced Andrea Pirlo, they've looked a shadow of the formidable outfit they once were.
Lazio are also experiencing a difficult campaign. Last season, Simone Inzaghi's side finished just five points behind the leaders - securing UEFA Champions League qualification. However, they've been disappointingly inconsistent this season, and as a result, find themselves in seventh place.
In the reverse fixture, Felipe Caicedo equalized deep into stoppage time to earn Lazio a point after Cristiano Ronaldo put Juventus in front.
The two sides are currently separated in the table by six points and with both hoping to secure a place in the top four, this fixture could prove significant.
🗞 Predicted lineups
Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo, Demiral, De Ligt, Sandro; Chiesa, Bentancur, Rabiot, McKennie; Kulusevski, Ronaldo.
Lazio: Reina; Patric, Parolo, Acerbi; Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Leiva, Alberto, Lulic; Correa, Immobile.
🔑 Key OPTA stats
- Juventus have lost only one home game this season while winning nine (P12 W9 D2 L1).
- Lazio have lost their last three away games in all competitions.
- Juventus have lost only once to Lazio in their last 13 home games in the Serie A, winning 10 of those encounters (P13 W10, D2, L1).
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the top scorer in Serie A with 20 goals this season.
- Ciro Immobile is Lazio’s best performer this season with 14 goals and 3 assists in the league.
🧠 Best bet: Over 2.5 goals
📲 Follow Juventus vs Lazio live on Futaa!