Although Edouard Mendy finished on the losing side in last night's EFL Cup final against Liverpool, he did achieve yet another remarkable personal milestone.
The Senegalese stopper was substituted in the final minute of extra time at Wembley with yet another clean sheet on a showpiece occasion under his belt. Here's a quick whip-around of a few eye-catching facts & figures we saw on the socials today:
📲 Monday social stat attack
- On Saturday, Ben Foster (38y 329d) became the oldest visiting goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet against Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Premier League. Indeed, the previous oldest visiting keeper to achieve this feat was David Seaman (38y 231d) for Arsenal in May 2002.
- Edouard Mendy is the first goalkeeper in history to have kept a clean sheet in a Champions League, AFCON and EFL Cup final.
- On the subject of the EFL Cup final, Jordan Henderson is now the only Liverpool captain in history to have lifted the Premier League, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup and EFL Cup.
- Last night, 19-year-old Villarreal winger Yeremi Pino became the first player to score four goals in a single LaLiga match since Leo Messi in February 2020.
- Hellas Verona striker Giovanni Simeone has scored more goals (15) than any other Argentinian player across Europe's top five leagues this season. Atlético Madrid's Ángel Correa and Inter Milan's Lautaro Martínez have 11 goals apiece.
In case you missed it, you can check out eight things we learned in the Premier League this weekend as well.