Brazilian superstar Neymar Junior has been left out of Paris Saint-Germain's Ligue 1 opening clash against Nimes on Sunday.
According to Sky Sports, talks over a move to another club are at an "advanced" stage for the Brazilian who is believed to be angling at a move to Real Madrid.
PSG sporting director Leonardo last week told the French media that negotiations over Neymar potentially moving to unspecified clubs are "more advanced", although no agreement has been reached.
The reigning French league champions begin the defense of their title on Sunday and PSG boss Thomas Tuchel said that Neymar was omitted from the squad to play Nimes due to a training injury.
Regarding the 27-year-old's proposed return to La Liga, Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde said: "As it stands, I don't know what is going to happen.
"If he leaves or not there are many things, but in principle, I don't know what will happen and I'm not thinking about him (Neymar), just about tomorrow."
The Brazil forward is understood to have told PSG he wants to leave the club this summer, having joined from Barcelona in 2017, but the French champions have yet to receive a formal offer.
Read More: Man United rout Chelsea 4-0 in season opener
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!