Liverpool will meet either Al Sadd, Hienghene Sport or CF Monterrey in the semifinal of the Club World Cup set for Qatar in December, following the draw that was made in Zurich on Monday.
As it stands, there are still up to four potential opponents for the Reds’ opening match in Qatar.
- Al Sadd SC or AFC Champions League runners-up v Hienghène Sport (Match 1)
- CF Monterrey v Match 1 winner (Match 2)
- AFC Champions League winners v ES Tunis (Match 3)
- Copa Libertadores winners v Match 3 winners
- Match 2 winners v Liverpool
- Third-place play-off