Joint record-holders Express FC were on Wednesday dumped out of Uganda Cup after suffering a 4-3 defeat in a penalty shootout at the hands of Maroons FC.
The match had ended 3-3 in regulation time. Express took the lead through Frank Kalanda in the fifth minute but Maroons were back on level terms four minutes later through David Ndihabwe. Maroons then went ahead in the 38th minute through Maxwell Okello.
Express were soon back on level terms after Eric Kambale drilled in a sweet free-kick, before Maroons again went ahead through Steven Mukwala. Dan Galiwango converted a penalty deep in injury time after Patrick Bayiga had been adjudged to have committed an offence in the danger zone.
Express scored three kicks as Maroons were successful in four shots.
Elsewhere, URA went on the rampage hitting non-league side Nyamityobora 8-3 at Arena of Visions to romp into the last 16. Patrick Isiagi was the hero of the day netting a hattrick.
The winner of the Uganda Cup qualifies to represent Uganda at the CAF Confederation Cup.
Uganda Cup – Round of 32 Results
- Proline 1 (5) – 1 (3) Admin
- Wakiso Giants 5-0 MYDA
- Kansai Placon 1-2 Tooro United
- URA 8-3 Nyamityobora
- Express 3 (3) – 3(4) Maroons
Thursday, 13th February 2020
- UPDF Vs Busia Young – Bombo Barracks
Friday, 14th February 2020
- Dove Vs Water – Katushabe Grounds, Masindi
- Mbarara City Vs FHL – Kakyeka Stadium, Mbarara
- Bright Stars Vs Free Stars – Kavumba Recreational Stadium, Wakiso
Saturday, 15th February 2020
- KCCA Vs Bukedea TC – StarTimes Stadium, Lugogo
- Kitara Vs Luwero United – Kigaya Ground, Hoima
- Light SS Vs Bugamba – Soroti Grounds
Sunday, 16th February 2020
- Kajjansi United Vs SC Villa -Mutessa II Stadium
- Kiboga Young Vs Mvara Boys – Mbale Municipal Stadium, Mbale
- Kigezi HomeBoyz Vs Kyetume – Kabale Municipal Grounds
- Spartans Vs Kataka – Mashariki Ground
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!