Chelsea's FA Cup final defeat against Arsenal came at a further cost with a trio of key first-teamers limping off injured and Bayern Munich is unlikely to feel any sympathy.
Bayern bulldozed their way to the Bundesliga title for the eighth year running and they capped that off by beating Bayer Leverkusen in the DFB Pokal Final. They hold a 3-0 aggregate lead over Chelsea ahead of this round of 16 second leg tie which means nothing short of a miracle will see The Blues advance. Frank Lampard's visitors lost the FA Cup final against Arsenal after going into an early lead, reinforcing a worrying trend of Chelsea failing to put teams away after conceding too many goals. Injuries to experienced duo Pedro & skipper Cesar Azpiliueta, as well as talented youngster Christian Pulisic, hardly help their cause ahead of a trip to Bavaria.
🧩 Bayern vs Chelsea key details
- 🗓 8 August 2020
- 🏟 Allianz Arena
- ⌚️ 22:00 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
🔴 Bayern (4-2-3-1):
Neuer; Kimmich, Boateng, Alaba, Davies; Goretzka, Thiago; Coman, Müller, Gnabry; Lewandowski
🔵 Chelsea (3-4-3):
Caballero; Zouma, Christensen, Rüdiger; James, Kovačić, Kanté, Emerson; Willian, Giroud, Mount
🔑 Key betting facts
- Bayern has won their last seven Champions League matches.
- Bayern has scored at least three goals in six of those seven matches.
- Unbeaten in all competitions since December 7 (W26, D1), Bayern's first-leg win was their sixth UEFA Champions League victory via a margin of 2+ goals this season, including all three clashes with English opposition.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in seven of Bayern's last eight UCL matches.
- Chelsea's last four UCL matches have all featured over 2.5 goals.
- Bayern striker Robert Lewandoski has scored 51 goals across all comps in 2019-20 and he's netted in six of Bayern’s seven UCL fixtures this term with nine of his 11 European goals coming after halftime.
- Bayern winger Serge Gnabry has scored six goals against London opposition in the UCL this season.
- Along with injured trio Pedro, Pulisic & Azpilicueta suspended duo Marcos Alonso & Jorginho will also miss the trip.
🔮 Futaa Bets: Over 3.5 goals