Man United's squad will be stretched to its limit after only one full week of pre-season training under their belts.
This weekend, they get their 2020-21 Premier League campaign underway in earnest against a stubborn Crystal Palace outfit.
Here are the best facts and stats so that you can make the best and most well-informed picks.
🏟 Match context
Curiously, the away side on the day has won the last three meetings between these sides, including Palace's famous win at Old Trafford at the start of last season. 27 of Palace's 38 league matches in 2019-20 went under the 2.5 goals mark, while United's goals dried up at the end of the last term - they failed to score more than twice in any of their final eight fixtures. Roy Hodgson's visitors won't make this easy for the Red Devils.
Paul Pogba is unlikely to be available for the Red Devils after contracting COVID-19 so there should be a full debut for summer signing Donny van de Beek. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must make a tough decision between David De Gea and the returning Dean Henderson in goal.
🔮 Predicted XIs
😈 Man United (4-2-3-1):
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire, Shaw; Van de Beek, McTominay; James, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial
🦅 Palace (4-3-3):
Guaita; Ward, Kouyaté, Dann, Mitchell; Eze, McCarthy, McCarthur, Zaha; Batshuayi, Ayew
🔑 Key stats
- Man United is undefeated in their last 14 Premier League matches.
- Palace has failed to score in their last five away matches in the Premier League, while their last five matches overall went under 2.5 goals.
- 27 of Palace's 38 league matches in 2019-20 featured under 2.5 goals, a league-high.
- Crystal Palace managed just five away wins across all of last season in the Premier League (W5, D5, L9).
- Marcus Rashford has scored one goal and provided three assists across his previous three starts vs Palace.
- Crystal Palace attacker Jordan Ayew scored at Old Trafford last season, and two of his final three EPL goals last season came in away fixtures.
- HOT STAT: Man United has won more EPL penalties than any other side in each of the previous two seasons, averaging 13 each campaign.
✅ Futaa tips
Place your bets on betPawa using our booking code 85042A8 which will auto-fill your bet-slip.
📲 Follow Man United vs Palace live