It’s the clash of the heavyweights in the Carabao Cup fourth round as Tottenham Hotspur play hosts to London rivals Chelsea tonight.
Here's all of the key info ahead of kickoff at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium so that you can make some well-informed betting picks.
🏟 Match context
The fixture schedule has been anything but kind on Jose Mourinho and his troops. Just two days after they were held to a 1-1 draw by Newcastle United in the Premier League, they will be taking on Chelsea in an important cup tie, before facing off against Maccabi Haifa in another crunch game in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday night.
This will be followed by a difficult trip to Manchester United on Sunday evening, meaning this week could be somewhat of a make or break with regards to their cup ambitions. Mourinho’s squad will be stretched no doubt, but it will also provide him with the perfect excuse if Spurs end up faltering in any of the competitions.
Chelsea may have invested over £200 million in the transfer window, but Frank Lampard’s side continues to leak like a sieve at the back. However, the manager will have been pleased to see the manner in which his players fought back to salvage a point against West Bromwich Albion this past weekend, after being three goals down in the first half.
Tottenham were given a bye into the fourth round after their game against Leyton Orient was canceled due to a coronavirus outbreak within their opponents. Chelsea, on the other hand, thrashed Barnsley 6-0 in their previous fixture in the cup competition.
🔮 Predicted XIs
Spurs XI (4-2-3-1): Hart; Aurier, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon; Sissoko, Ndombele; Lamela, Alli, Sessegnon; Bergwijn
Chelsea XI (4-2-3-1): Mendy; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Tomori, Chilwell; Jorginho, Kovacic; Hudson-Odoi, Barkley; Mount; Giroud
🔑 Key betting facts
- Tottenham and Chelsea have faced each other in the League Cup on ten previous occasions. The Blues have come out on top in five games, while the Lilywhites have triumphed thrice – including the finals in 2008, which was their last trophy won (D2).
- Chelsea have won each of their last four meetings against Tottenham Hotspur in all competitions. During this run, the West Londoners have scored eight goals, while conceding just two.
- Chelsea are looking to progress to the League Cup quarter-final for the third time in the past four seasons.
- Tottenham have been knocked out of the League Cup by London clubs in five of the past seven seasons.
- Frank Lampard has squared off against former mentor Jose Mourinho thrice in his managerial career and has won each of the three fixtures – two with Chelsea against Spurs and one with Derby County against Manchester United, which came in the League Cup in 2018/19.
🪐 Futaa tips
📲 Follow Spurs vs Chelsea live on Futaa!