Liverpool have Mohamed Salah available again after his coronavirus scare as Jurgen Klopp prepares his team to face Atalanta in the Champions League this evening, but it is easy to suggest that the match might once again belong to Diogo Jota.
The Reds have been in stunning form so far in this season’s Champions League, winning all three of their group games against Ajax, FC Midtjylland, and Atalanta with an aggregate score of 8-0.
Here is where to place your bets today.
🔢 Key betting stats (Opta)
- Liverpool won 5-0 in the reverse fixture against Atalanta, while they last won multiple games against Italian sides in a European campaign in 2007-08 – two wins against Inter Milan in the Last 16 of the UEFA Champions League.
- Two of Atalanta’s three heaviest defeats in European competition have been at the hands of English opponents – 1-5 v Manchester City last season and 0-5 v Liverpool in their most recent game.
- Liverpool are looking to record four consecutive victories in the UEFA Champions League for the first time since March 2009.
- Atalanta have won each of their last three away games in the UEFA Champions League, scoring at least three goals in each. However, the last time they failed to win away from home in the competition was on their most recent trip to England (1-5 v Man City last season).
- Liverpool haven’t conceded a goal in their last three UEFA Champions League games – their longest streak of clean sheets in the competition since April 2018 (a run of four).
- Atalanta failed to score in their most recent outing in the UEFA Champions League (0-5 v Liverpool), ending a run of 10 games in which they scored in each, at an average of 2.3 per game. They’ve never previously failed to score in back-to-back games in the competition.
- Diogo Jota has scored four goals in three UEFA Champions League games for Liverpool, and would be the fastest player to five goals in the competition for the Reds if he finds the net in this game (fourth appearance).
- Duvan Zapata has been directly involved in five goals in five group stage games for Atalanta in the UEFA Champions League (four goals and one assist), with three of those goals coming in three appearances this season.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has netted in each of his last two UEFA Champions League appearances, and would equal his longest scoring streak in the competition if he finds the net in this game (three consecutive appearances scored in during April 2018).
- Josip Ilicic has scored a third of Atalanta’s away goals in the UEFA Champions League (4/12), while he is the only player to have scored more than once away from home for the club in the competition.
- Liverpool are yet to concede a goal in this season’s Champions League and could keep four clean sheets in a row in the competition for the first time since March 2009. Diogo Jota, meanwhile, is looking to become the fastest Liverpool player to reach five goals in the Champions League having netted four times in three appearances so far.
- Atalanta failed to score for the first time in 10 Champions League games during their 5-0 defeat to Liverpool last time out. They had averaged 2.3 goals per game in those 10 matches.
🥊 Liverpool vs Atalanta Team News
Alisson; Milner, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson; Jones, Wijnaldum; Jota, Firmino, Mane; Salah
Gollini; Toloi, Palomino, Djimsiti; Hateboer, de Roon, Freuler, Mojica; Gomez; Zapata, Muriel
🪐 Futaa Bets
🔮 Score prediction: Liverpool 3-1 Atalanta
Follow Liverpool vs Atalanta live Futaa!