Torino and Fiorentina get matchday 20 underway in Serie A on Friday night, with the Maroons looking to climb away from the relegation zone and restore parity with the Violets.
The hosts have hovered around the bottom three for most of the campaign and ultimately relieved Marco Giampaolo of his duties, as a result, earlier this month. Successor Davide Nicola started his reign with a 2-2 draw at Benevento last week and he will take charge of his first home game against 12th-placed Fiorentina.
Torino vs Fiorentina Head-to-head
- Fiorentina have been much more successful in the history of head to head encounters with Il Toro. Viola won 17 and lost only 7 of 36 meetings with Torino.
- Fiorentina will head into this tie on the back of two straight clean sheet victories over Il Toro. The run includes this season’s 1-0 win in September at Stadio Artemio Franchi.
- Just one of the last six head to head encounters has seen three or more goals scored.
Futaa best bet
- Torino have failed to win their last 11 home Serie A games.
- Fiorentina haven’t lost to a side below them in Serie A this season.
- Torino haven’t beaten a team outside the bottom three since November.