Chelsea will host Swedish side Malmo in a Champions League clash on Wednesday night hoping to bounce back to winning ways.
Thomas Tuchel's side suffered a 1-0 defeat against Juventus last time out, meaning they have a win and a loss from their opening two matches.
Ahead of the match, here are stats and facts.
Chelsea vs Malmo head to head
- Chelsea and Malmo meet only for the second time in their history
- The two sides were paired in the Europa League Round of 32 as the Blues went all the way to win it
- A win for Chelsea will take them to 150 European wins in 279 games
- Chelsea's two other competitive games against Swedish teams were against Atvidaberg and Helsingborg
- Chelsea are looking to avoid losing consecutive Champions League games for the first time since losing both legs in the last 16 against Bayern Munich in 2019/20
- The Blues are five goals short of 500 goals in European competitive matches
- Chelsea are currently fourth in UEFA’s club rankings and above Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG
- This will be Thomas Tuchel's 10th Champions League game in charge of Chelsea
- Malmo won their fifth Allsvenskan league title in the last eight seasons in 2020 and just missed out on their first league and cup double since 1989
- Malmo's two previous Champions League group stage campaigns came in 2014/15 and 2015/16 when they finished fourth on both occasions
- Malmo are hoping to record just their second away win in their European Cup/Champions League proper history, and their first since September 1978 when they won in Monaco
- Malmo have lost their last five Champions League games by an aggregate score of 0-24
- Malmo’s only previous meeting in the European Cup with an English team was in 1979 final, losing 1-0 to Nottingham Forest in Munich
- Malmo have lost all three of their away games against English teams in European competitions