Sevilla defender Jules Kounde has admitted that he was affected by his failed move to Premier League side Chelsea in the summer.
There were reports that a deal had been agreed between the player and Chelsea but it fell through in the last minutes since the Blues needed to offload some players to create space for Frenchman.
Direction la Coupe du Monde 🔥✅ pic.twitter.com/H0AA9J80pP— Jules Kounde (@jkeey4) November 13, 2021
While the player says he is concentrating on helping his club Sevilla, the failed move affected him.
“Did it (the transfer fail) affect me? Yes, a little, but I already took care of that," he told TF1 via Mundo Deportivo.
Sevilla will be hoping that a deal for the 23-year old arrives in the summer despite reports indicating that Chelsea might revisit their interest in January if Antonio Rudiger fails to sign a new deal with them then.
Apart from Chelsea, Manchester United is the other team said to be interested in the player as they look to boost their shaky defence.