Robinho is in serious bother. The former Manchester City and AC Milan attacker has lost an appeal against a gang rape charge.
According to the report, the Brazilian made his third and final appeal which has been rejected. The gang-rape case took place in 2013 in Milan, Italy.
So what really happened?
The BBC said the 37-year-old Robinho sexually assaulted an Albian woman with five other Brazilian men at a night club.
“On Wednesday, the Supreme Court in Rome upheld a previous ruling sentencing the 37-year-old to nine years in jail,” the report said.
“In 2017, Robinho and five other Brazilians were found guilty of assaulting a 22-year-old Albanian woman in a nightclub.
“The sentence was previously upheld in December 2020 following an appeal.”
“Robinho is unlikely to serve his sentence as he is in Brazil and the Brazilian constitution bans the extradition of its citizens, although Italy can request that he serves his sentence in the South American country,” the report added.
Meanwhile, Robinho’s former club Man City will take on Southampton on the Premier League on Saturday.